Thursday, September 22, 2011

Classroom Quips, 9-21-11

The BFG by Roald Dahl has some pretty pacifistic teachings. I decided to turn these teachings into a little 6th-grade debate. The kids went to one side of the room if they could not see a justification for war and the other side if they could. Bernardo, who until today I  thought to be one of my lowest-level thinkers, placed himself with the pacifists. He looked across the room, shook his head and muttered under his breath, "You people are sick."

And also from this week...
Me: I'm gonna tell you guys a scary story. One time I was in Florida,
Lalo: (leaning forward) Oh yeah, Florida's scary.

Me: I've got a point for anyone who can tell me what I'm thinking right now.
Hugo: Man, these kids are getting annoying.

 And a couple others that I didn't post from last year...

Javier farted. He looked around for who he might blame, but there were only 2 other students in the room. Realizing he was caught, he said "awww," disgusted, and waved his hand behind his seat to push away the smell.

Me: Who can tell me the capital of Alaska?
Arturo: A
Me: Mmmm, heh heh, and the capital of Virginia?
Arturo (with growing confidence): V!

Javier: Why doesn't this school buy 100% milk stead of just 1%

Javier was supposed to be reading the sentence, "The dog in the bathtub is a mess."
Javier: "The dog in the bathtub is a mouse."
me: Whoa! The dog is a mouse?
Javier: apparently

2 comments:

Twilson9608 said...

These are funny. Sounds like an interesting group that you have.

Jazmin said...

LOL I scared Briella b/c I was laughing so hard. thx for sharing!